So, we will probably get slammed soon. In anticipation I did the blizzard stock up - 36 rolls of TP, 10 pounds of cheese and a bag of dove chocolate. Probably should stash a few bottles of wine as well.
Kroger was sampling Aidell's Sausages when I went in with Nate to pick up a few things. He sampled each one, even the Andouille, which I warned him about. I did pick up a garlic sausage that will be perfect for this Cassoulet style dish.
Pork Sausages with White Beans
Serving Size : 6
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 ounces bacon -- diced
1 1/2 cups onion -- finely chopped
3 cloves garlic -- minced
1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves -- dried
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 cups diced tomato -- 14.5 oz can
1 1/4 cups chicken stock
29 ounces white beans, canned -- 2 cans, drained and rinsed
2 pounds cooked pork sausages
5 cups homemade bread crumbs -- 1/2" pieces (coarse)
1/4 cup parsley -- chopped
- Preheat oven to 325
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a large braising pan, add bacon and cook until crisp.
- Add onions, cook until tender. Add garlic and thyme, sweat 1 minute. Add wine, cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook until the sauce is thickened slightly.
- Add the stock and bean, bring to a simmer.
- Add sausages and Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Toast breadcrumbs in the remaining butter in a clean skillet. Add parsley and season with salt.
- Scatter breadcrumbs over the sausage mixture. Broil, if desired for 1-2 minutes.