Sunday, November 4, 2012

Two cakes in two days

Had the opportunity to make a romantic anniversary cake as well as a birthday cake for a little girl. The anniversary cake started out with my super top secret white cake recipe then I added some triple sec, vanilla and almond to replicate the scent of orange blossoms. Romantic,right? I filled the three layers with vanilla bean buttercream and apricot fruit filling flavored with a little triple sec. Vanilla bean buttercream over everything. The recipient has a fondness for the blue sported by a certain local sports team (the Colts) and requested that be worked in to the decoration.
The second cake was a double layer banana cake with strawberry filling. Makes me think of my favorite Jello from kid hood. This cake was graced with the presence of Hello Kitty bringing a birthday cake to someone special. This cake recipe came from Edna De La Cruz of DesignMeACake.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment