Saturday, March 10, 2012

Still more cake

Another practice cake.  I've been forced to use the zucchini maneuvers - leaving it on the doorstep, ringing the bell and running - to rid myself of the overage.  And it's all overage as far as my hips are concerned.

I stacked and trimmed all the layers so I had flat sides.

I sprinkled each layer with vanilla simple syrup.

I filled between layers with the Bailey's chocolate mocha butter cream (which is yummy).

I did not use the icing tip, just slathered it on top then sides.  I found that to be easier.

Initial smoothing with a bench scraper, removing excess icing.

Smoothing with wax paper for a smooth and even surface.  At this point it looked almost professional

Decorating.  Practice with shell border, piping lines, leave tip, open star, closed star.

I like the fringe effect from jamming the stars together
Eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment